What to bring?
- Closed-toe shoes, long pants, helmet and eye coverings MUST be worn (helmet and goggles provided with rental).
- Be sure to bring plenty of water, food, bug repellent, and sun screen.
- Pack a lunch, or pick one up from a local provider, if you'll be out all day. (We recommend Red Rooster Sandwich Shop
Where can I drive?
- Rio Blanco County is "OHV-friendly," so you can drive on all County Roads (except CR 17 & CR 5).
- Off-Highway Vehicles (OHVs) may NOT be driven on ANY state highway!
- Renters are responsible for understanding and obeying local laws and rules pertaining to OHVs.
What is the speed limit for OHVs?
- Rio Blanco County OHV Speed Limit is a maximum of 35 mph, unless posted at a lower speed.
- If the county road does not have posted speed limit, then the maximum speed limit is 25 mph.
- When accessing County Road 8 east of Meeker by State Highway 13, be sure to keep OHV travel on the Connector Trail. The speed limit for this trail is 20 mph and is an easement through a wet-land area. Violators will be fined.